Friday 21 March 2008

Birthdays.

I had my birthday on Monday and it was kinda weird this year. I wasn't with my family or my man which I guess was hard, but it was exactly the same last year. I don't really know how I felt, but I know that I wasn't loving the day. Was it the realism that I am getting older?? I don't think so. I am excited about being older because it means I am closer to my dream. So what was it then??

Do we sometimes place too much emphasis on things that are actually meaningless?? Do we get disappointed with occasions because we place too much hope on them, expecting that they will perhaps be perfect?? Maybe this was the reason I didn't love my birthday. The realism that it was in fact just another day...perhaps I had become too excited about a day that was just a day.

Perhaps we think that birthdays should be ourdays - a time which is just about us?? Is this right though?? The meaning of birthday is an aniversary of a birth, the day of a persons birth or even the festivities/celebration marking such a day or anniversary. Does this give permission for us to become totally selfish on our birthdays and have that day celebrated as ours??

To be honest I think not. Each day is not ours and cannot be...each day is Gods and therefore it's His, to do what He desires with. This makes me more happier than any birthday could. The fact that God can conquer all and do the most amazing thing with any sort of day. No day is mine to name so why should any day be all about me?! My birthday is a day to celebrate the anniversary of my birth but it's not more important than any other day. Any day can be full of fun and amazement!!

No comments: