Saturday 29 May 2010

God Will Take Care of You!

I have not blogged in a while but today is surely the day to blog. I am extremely blessed and exceedingly happy right now. On the 28th May (yesterday) my man had his fourth visa application excepted instead of denied!! Wow, what an incredible feeling!! It is truly surreal.

I have talked a lot through my blog about frustration and learning patience and in more recent months I have talked about handing everything completely over to God, even when it looks like things will not happen as quickly as you'd like. The thing is, 6 months ago, that is what Paul and myself done. We put everything into Gods hands. We gave it all to Him when it looked in our eyes like it would turn everything upside down. We trusted Him and waited for His timing. I have doubted many times along the way but yesterday was the day God said 'yes'. It was the day that said all our waiting and even doubting was completely worth it. We gave our situation truly to God and He provided, as He always said He would.

Just last week I got all in a frenzy that our journey at this moment was not going right. I was thinking that if Pauls visa was refused this time his marriage one might well be refused as well and then what would we do?! I was questioning if we had really heard God in the first place - I doubted Him and I doubted the trust and faith we had as a couple. We did hear though and yesterday is proof of that!! Praise be to Him!!

Sitting here on this night shift I read the word for you today (for yesterday) and it was based on the bible verse '...he will take care of you...' Psalm 55 v 22. It talked of a story of a missionary leading orphans through the mountains to safety in China. She doubted herself but one girl reminded her of Moses and the Red Sea to which she responded 'but I am not Moses'. What did the teenage girl say? 'Of course you aren't, but God is still God!'

The word for you today says 'sometimes God calms the storm, other times He lets the storm rage and calms us.' Last year mine and Pauls storm truly raged but this year God has calmed it. Through it all we testify His goodness and His provision. Regardless of the situation He will always provide and bring out the best!!

Here's to God!!!!!

1 comment:

Teen Bean said...

ahhh well said... well said indeed!