Friday 18 January 2008

Just Fine.

Okay, so I have another video for you guys. I put Kiss 100 on the music channels to play the other day and there was this song playing, the lyrics really stood out to me. Here are some of the lyrics:

Mary J Blige
Just Fine

'So I like what I see when I’m looking at me
When I’m walking past the mirror
Don't stress through the night, at a time in my life
Ain’t worried about if you feel it
Got my head on straight, I got my vibe right
I aint gonna let you kill it
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just…..

Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just fine

Feels so good, when you’re doing all the things that you want to do
Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new
Keep your head up high
In yourself, believe in you, believe in me
Having a really good time, I’m not complaining
And I’m a still wear a smile if it's raining
I got to enjoy myself regardless
I appreciate life, I’m so glad that it's fine

So I like what I see when I'm looking at me
When I’m walking past the mirror
Aint worried about you and what you gonna do
I’m a lady so I must stay classy
Got to keep it hot, keep it together
If I want to get better
See I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just…..

Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
See I won’t change my life, my life’s just fine

I ain't gon’ let nothing get in my way
(I ain't gon' let nobody bring me down, no, no, no)
No matter what nobody has to say
(No way, no way, no way)
I ain’t gon’ let nothing get in my way
No matter what nobody has to say.'

I just love what she has to say about life and how we shouldn't let anyone get in our way. I love that she declares that she likes what she sees when she walks past the mirror - how many of us can say that?? I love how she says we should do what we love, get the best out of life and wear a smile even when it's raining. How many of us actually smile when things aren't all fine around us?? How many of us ignore what others say and just live our own life??

I think there is a lesson, or maybe several lessons, to be learnt through this song. Things are never going to be great all the time, that is life. We are going to have challenging times and even completely horrific times. We are all going to get disappointed and ripped apart by others. We are all going to dislike ourselves...but are these all reasons for giving up on everything?? For giving up on our life which is probably actually 'just fine'??

At the moment I seem to be going through challenge after challenge, ever since I started college actually. I feel like I have just had this consistency of struggles. Sunshine seems to peek out at times but not for long. The rain comes in pretty quick and pretty heavy, but I'm not about to declare that that's it, my life isn't worth it anymore, because I know that my life is actually 'just fine'. Yes, I am also not about to say that's all my life is going to be either. I don't want a life that is 'just fine' but I'd rather it be 'just fine' than damn right awful. I know that in all my challenges and struggles I am being grown and strengthened for the next thing. I know that it is in Him that I find my strength and my trust and my life. I know that through all this He is having His will, which means my life will be much more than 'just fine'....incredible, amazing, extraordinary even.

Maybe your life isn't as you wished it would be or what you hoped it would be at this time but maybe there is a lesson to be learnt?? Maybe this is strengthening you for the next season of your life?? Maybe this time is the lesson before success??

We are all called to live incredible, amazing and extraordinary lives...we are all called to shine.

Timo Cruz
Coach Carter

'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve this world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.'

No comments: