Tuesday 2 March 2010

Trust.

Today I have learnt a very big lesson, yet again...learning to trust someone you completely love and hold close to your heart.

Sunday was suppose to be a very big day for me and although it was, it was not the day I had dreamed about. It did not turn out as I had hoped or wanted and at the end of it, I felt very emotional and even let down in some ways. The reason for this was simply selfishness. I was being selfish. I was trying to be controlling. I was not being the woman God has created me to be.

Today I cried and prayed and let it out of my system and learnt to trust. I learnt to trust when everything is uncertain around me. I learnt to trust when I have no say in how things are and how things will turn out. I simply learnt to be that woman that is needed for my man.

We, as woman, are suppose to be there as helpers for our men. We are there to love and cherish and be strong. We are not there to control and see that everything is done our way. I know I'm very traditional in the way I see relationships and marriage so many will not agree with me, but I see men as the leaders and as the heads of our families. I see that as their role, their right, their responsibility, their gift, their blessing and we as women are meant to enjoy that blessing and revel in that. That is one of the things we are suppose to feel freedom and love and security in.

I am forever learning to be that woman...

1 comment:

Graham said...

Nic
This is a lovely piece of writing. Have you had bad news re the wedding for this year? What is the latest? Hope you are ok and keeping believing God that things will work out.
Graham xxxx