Thursday 22 April 2010

Life.

So what is life and what does it consist of? I have not blogged in a while and to say lots of things have taken place is an understatement.

God has been ever faithful and ever true.

The past three and a half years have truly been a journey for me as I have searched for myself and searched for my love, as we have both been on a self-discovery path and a path that discovers love and friendship and emotion. God has truly showed us a glimpse of life. We have experienced many things, pain being a very prudent experience and love being a very true one also. We have lived, even at a young age we can say we have lived. Through it all God has been gracious and forgiving, He has been loving, He has been there.

I have gone from falling in love with a boy, to learning to truly love a man. I have gone from being a girl to being a woman. I have gone from a student, to a staff nurse. I have gone from a single woman to an engaged, nearly wedded one. I have gone from knowing little to learning lots. Paul and myself have gone from naive, immature feelings of love, to love that lasts through the bad and good. We have gone from a young, in love couple, to a couple who are really learning what it means to love, what it means to make that decision day after day. We have gone from days of excitement, laughter and love, to days of tears, frustration, disappointment and anger. We have experienced, we have grown...we have lived.

God has been ever faithful and ever true.

He has always been the great I AM.

He has spoken and He has provided.

He has not broken promises.

He is forever.

God has turned us from seeds to glorious oak trees, which stand the test of time. He has taken us, pruned us and allowed us to bear fruit. I am ever thankful for that.

We are still learning and growing though. He is still pruning, He is still shaping, He is still challenging. This, I know, will never stop. We are always searching to become the people, the individuals, the couple, He dreams of.

God is the greatest blessing in my life and He has blessed me with so much. I am forever thankful He has given me someone to share this all with. I am experiencing His life, with another of His - wow!!

No comments: