Wednesday 14 September 2011

Extravagant Love.

I have not blogged for over a year and wow, what a year it has been! My man got granted a visa and visited me, we got married, he moved to England, then he had to go back to Uganda to sort out visa issues and then joined me again just in time for Christmas and we have just celebrated our one year anniversary!! It has been a rollercoaster!!

God has been working in all of it. He continues to speak to me and show His greatness. Church has been changing, work has been changing, family has been changing and God has remained the same - ever faithful and ever great!!

He's been whispering to me recently about some longings and desires I have. He has been stirring up feelings of passion for a different group of people, for a different country. God has been opening up my heart and in some ways, I think letting me feel what He feels. However, through it all comes the frustration that this may not be for now. That these desires, longings, stirrings are all very important but for this moment, they are not yet ripe.

To be honest this breaks my heart even more yet God has always shown He is good and true. He is my ever faithful father and provider, so I look to Him and trust. He has plans for my life and I know they are the best plans.

This passage stood out to me whilst reading the bible tonight:


'Change your life, not just your clothes.

Come back to God, your God.

And here's why: God is kind and merciful.

He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot,

this most patient God, extravagant in love,

always ready to cancel catastrophe.

Who knows? Maybe he'll do it now,

maybe he'll turn around and show pity.

Maybe, when all's said and done,

they'll be blessings full and robust for your God!'

Joel 2 v 13-14

No comments: