Monday 19 December 2011

Greater Things

Looking through other peoples blogs, stories and photos I feel a tinge of longing for more, maybe even a tinge of jealousy. Sometimes I feel like I am not truly doing what I am truly meant to do. Sometimes I feel as though I am not making the difference I ought to.

However, at our youth event on Sunday we spent the worship time thanking God for the things He has done in 2011 for us...I had a lot to thank God for and suddenly, I knew I was in the right place again.

God has, time and time again, provided for my family and I, from the material things of fixing the car and being able to buy things for our home, to the more meaningful, important things such as amazing family, great girlfriends and a wonderful, loving man. God has grown me at work, at church, in ministry and in relationships. I have been taught lessons in love, in unfulfilled dreams and promises. I have had the priviledge of leading a youth weekend away and a girls conference. I have been put in a place of leadership where I can inspire and bless those around me. God has been at work. God has been birthing new dreams and I am excited to say 2012 will be the first steps taken towards these new dreams.

God is a God who gets excited about his children. He loves it when we learn and grow. He loves it when we dream of a greater place, of greater relationships and of greater love. If I am dreaming of these greater things then I know God is at work in me...for this I am thankful.

No comments: